I’m sooo happy with how it all turned out! Especially my counter top experiment! I had been researching for months on how-to’s for concrete overlay countertops, but decided with the weight it would put on the counter, it would be best to just try my hand at painting it to look like concrete!
YES! It’s painted! What I did was use a combination of textured black spray paint, and some leftover black and white BEHR brand paint (also bought at Home Depot) that I had laying around unused. To seal the counter I did three layers of polyurethane. Letting each layer dry for at least 8hrs.
We made the custom wood open shelving from supplies purchased at Home Depot, and was this type. Looking back, we probably would have gotten bigger “L” bracket supports to hold them up, but they will do just fine for now!
I also added some woven baskets for easy storage for Jake and I to keep our things, so they aren’t spread all over the counter! We each get a basket and that’s where we keep the stuff we need daily. (You gotta present it to guys that way, to keep them on board!) The remaining bathroom stuff are all separated into their own bins and stored under the sink!
There is so many other little knick knack details, if you’d like to know more, you’re welcome to email me and ask! This project overall cost us probably $55 total. Most things we had already, so that helped to cut down the cost quite a bit!